Serving as President and CEO of Adams Building and Consulting Company, LLC. Adams oversees the company’s operations of construction management, general construction, and consulting services. Additionally, Adams is a consultant for claims mitigation for various surety companies and law firms.
Adams served as President and COO of Welty Building Company, LLC of North Carolina from August 2009 until October 2011, a construction management and general construction company.
Adams attended the Milwaukee School of Engineering studying thermal design, HVAC, and process piping. He practiced as a design engineer for a mechanical contractor in Tallahassee Florida, relocating to Charlotte, North Carolina in 1974 where he became project manager of construction for Edward E Huff Company. Mr. Adams relocated to the Triangle area in 1991 continuing his career in the construction industry and joined Welty Building Company in 2009.
Adams has managed in excess of $1 billion dollars in construction management, development and general construction throughout his career. Adams has completed projects at Ft Bragg, Camp LeJeune, University of North Carolina, and Wake County Schools among many others throughout the Southeast and Mid-west.
Mr. Adams is married and with five children.
Mr. Adams serves on the boards of:
• Brunswick County Economic Development Commission
• Four Oaks Bank
Mr. Adams has served a leadership role on the boards of:
• Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce
• Futures For Kids (F4K)
• Wake Education Partnership, Board of Directors
In addition, Mr. Adams is a member of:
• Carolinas Associated General Contractors
• Cary Chamber of Commerce
• Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
• Moore County Chamber of Commerce
• Chatham County Economic Development Commission
• AENC Member
• American Society of Healthcare Engineers (ASHE)
• South Brunswick Islands Rotary Club
He is an avid supporter of:
• North Carolina Institute for Minority Business Development
• Contract negotiation
• Project planning
• Project scheduling
• Claims management
• Claims mitigation
• Small business consulting